Thursday, September 11, 2008

By way of introduction

Hello everyone, my name is Max. Japanese I is my last class here at Columbia, and I'm glad I had a chance to take it before leaving America. I am taking Japanese for a few reasons. On a general level, Japanese culture and the Japanese language is something I always been curious about. It seems like the level of cultural exchange between Japan and America gives the two a unique relationship to each other. More specifically, I'm learning a bit of Japanese here at Columbia because I am applying to JET this fall. For those who aren't familiar, JET is a program run by the Japanese Government that takes native English speakers and transplants them into Japan to teach English to schoolkids (and pays them pretty well for such a mundane service). Hopefully I'll be going to Japan after this semester.

God, this post turned out to be pretty boring ho-hum stuff. Stay tuned for the further adventures of ロバアトさん and his sidekick テレビくん。

じゃね

1 comment:

Kazekage073 said...

JETは すごいですねえ。What inspired you to become a teacher?